- Celebrating the Dali Lama´s 80th Birthday
The Dali Lama´s 80th Birthday
20 power happy chi quotes By The Dali Lama..Enjoy.
1. Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.
2. Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old day passes, a new day arrives. The important thing is to make it meaningful: a meaningful friend - or a meaningful day.
3. In order to carry a positive action we must develop here a positive vision.
4. This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.
5. This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.
6. In order to carry a positive action we must develop here a positive vision.
7. When we meet real tragedy in life, we can react in two ways - either by losing hope and falling into self-destructive habits, or by using the challenge to find our inner strength. Thanks to the teachings of Buddha, I have been able to take this second way.
8. Calm mind brings inner strength and self-confidence, so that's very important for good health.
9. In the practice of tolerance, one's enemy is the best teacher.
10. All major religious traditions carry basically the same message, that is love, compassion and forgiveness the important thing is they should be part of our daily lives.
11. A lack of transparency results in distrust and a deep sense of insecurity.
12. Too much self-centered attitude, you see, brings, you see, isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger. The extreme self-centered attitude is the source of suffering.
13. When you are discontent, you always want more, more, more. Your desire can never be satisfied. But when you practice contentment, you can say to yourself, 'Oh yes - I already have everything that I really need.'
14. The purpose of our lives is to be happy.
15. With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
16. It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. From this, happiness in both the short term and the long term for both yourself and others will come.
17. Whether one believes in a religion or not, and whether one believes in rebirth or not, there isn't anyone who doesn't appreciate kindness and compassion.
18. It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. From this, happiness in both the short term and the long term for both yourself and others will come.
19. The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness.
My main hope is eventually, in modern education field, introduce education about warm-heartedness, not based on religion, but based on common experience and a common sort of sense, and then scientific finding.
20. Sleep is the best meditation.